News and Announcements
Read the latest news in Northwestern kidney research from NU GoKidney, the Northwestern kidney core.
- University of Michigan O'Brien Center Pilot and Feasibility Grant Applications Being Accepted through January 1412.07.2018
The George M. O'Brien Kidney Translational Core Center at the University of Michigan (P30 DK081943) invites proposals for pilot and feasibility (P&F) grants involving the pathophysiology, basic mechanisms, therapeutic approaches, translational studies and clinical outcomes of chronic kidney diseases. The intent of this pilot program is to provide seed monies for researchers to obtain subsequent extramural funding.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. EST Monday, January 14, 2019.
- 2019 Pilot and Feasibility Grant: Submissions now closed11.09.2018
Thank you to all that have applied to our first Pilot and Feasibility announcement. The awardees will be announced soon. Don’t miss the next call. Stay tuned!
- Evan Scott joins the NU GoKidney Executive Team as Co-Director of Core B11.09.2018
Evan Scott, PhD, recently received the Young Innovator Award in NanoBiotech, which earned him recognition from the Northwestern Faculty Honors Committee. His research focuses on the development of novel controlled drug delivery systems composed of self-assembling synthetic polymers. Recent highlights of his lab’s work include the application of a new platform for dual delivery of small molecule drugs and proteins as well as an injectable slow release system for drug loaded nanocarriers.
- Pilot and Feasibility Grant Proposals Due Nov. 209.20.2018
The NU GoKidney Center is funding up to two pilot and feasibility grants in fiscal year 2019. Proposals should be focused on novel targets for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of kidney diseases and identifying subpopulations of patients with kidney diseases that may benefit from targeted therapies.
- 09.07.2018The grant will fund the Northwestern University George M. O’Brien Kidney Core Center (NU GoKidney), bringing together basic and clinical scientists in a collaborative hub dedicated to identifying, testing and translating discoveries into novel therapeutics for patients with kidney diseases.