News and Announcements
Read the latest news in Northwestern kidney research from NU GoKidney, the Northwestern kidney core.
- Ashley Sipocz Joins NU-GoKIDNEY as Operations and Outreach Administrator02.07.2019
The Northwestern University George M. O'Brien Kidney Research Core Center is delighted to announce that Ashley Sipocz will join the NU-GoKidney Center as Operations and Outreach Administrator on February 8, 2019.
- Vanderbilt Pilot and Feasibility Grant Proposals Due April 101.25.2019
Vanderbilt O’Brien Kidney Center (VOKC) and Vanderbilt Center for Kidney Disease (VCKD) are seeking applications for pilot project proposals with a deadline for submission of April 1, 2019. This request for applications is open to investigators within or outside of Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- 2019 Pilot and Feasibility Grant: Submissions now closed11.09.2018
Thank you to all that have applied to our first Pilot and Feasibility announcement. The awardees will be announced soon. Don’t miss the next call. Stay tuned!
- Evan Scott joins the NU GoKidney Executive Team as Co-Director of Core B11.09.2018
Evan Scott, PhD, recently received the Young Innovator Award in NanoBiotech, which earned him recognition from the Northwestern Faculty Honors Committee. His research focuses on the development of novel controlled drug delivery systems composed of self-assembling synthetic polymers. Recent highlights of his lab’s work include the application of a new platform for dual delivery of small molecule drugs and proteins as well as an injectable slow release system for drug loaded nanocarriers.
- Pilot and Feasibility Grant Proposals Due Nov. 209.20.2018
The NU GoKidney Center is funding up to two pilot and feasibility grants in fiscal year 2019. Proposals should be focused on novel targets for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of kidney diseases and identifying subpopulations of patients with kidney diseases that may benefit from targeted therapies.
- 09.07.2018The grant will fund the Northwestern University George M. O’Brien Kidney Core Center (NU GoKidney), bringing together basic and clinical scientists in a collaborative hub dedicated to identifying, testing and translating discoveries into novel therapeutics for patients with kidney diseases.